Summit Funnels are the perfect way for entrepreneurs to provide value and become more of an authority figure in their industry. It happens by putting together an online summit with multiple speakers that you interview. You let people register for the summit for free, and then potentially upsell them on the recordings.
The summit funnel is an awesome way to get leads into your business while providing them with amazing value up-front, but it’s not the only way to get leads.
Get more people to register for the summit
To increase the conversion rates on your summit funnel, you should incentivize people to register for the summit. One way is to offer a free recording of the summit or an eBook with the details of what happened during it. To get more people to register for the summit, you can offer any number of different reasons. You could offer exclusive previews of cand event invitations to events that are happening at that time. By offering something valuable in exchange for registration, you will be able to get more people on board by making them feel like they’re getting something special in return.
Tell them the benefits of registering
One of the easiest ways to increase conversions on your summit funnel is to tell them the benefits of registering. One way you could do this is by putting a countdown timer in place. You could also mention any other perks that are available with the purchase.
Another way you could raise conversions is by leading into it with a video testimonial or an exciting statistic about how many people have already registered for the event and how many people have been able to register through your website so far.
Use social proof to increase conversions
- One way to increase conversions on your Summit Funnel is by providing social proof. Social proof often comes in the form of testimonials and reviews from people who have attended past events. People love to see success stories and are more likely to purchase when they know that others have benefited from the same event.
- Another way to increase conversions is by using a pop-up box with a related offer during the summit. This offers some value to those who register but also gives them an option for additional value.
- A third way to increase conversions on your Summit Funnel is by providing a discount code or coupon for attendees that take effect after they have completed their registration.
- Another way you can use social proof is by including testimonials at the end of each video in your summit. This will help convince potential customers that this event is worth investing in. You could also include a link at the end of each video where they can submit their testimonial if they attended one of your previous summits and had a positive experience.
- The best part about adding social proof is it doesn’t even cost you anything extra! It’s just something that should be included as another benefit for potential customers before they decide whether or not they want to invest in your summit.
- According to LinkedIn, their lead generation forms have an average conversion rate of nearly, which is relatively high by advertising benchmarks.
Cracking the code of designing high-performing virtual summit landing pages
We’ve put together tips to help you create high converting virtual summit landing pages:
1. Use a conversational language
Conversational language is a great way to connect with your audience. You should aim to keep your copy in the form of short paragraphs, in the form of questions and answers that your audience can use to get to know you. When we say “conversational language”, we’re not talking about text-heavy long-form content.
We’re talking about writing in the form of questions and answers. Which helps you to build a personal connection with your audience in the beginning.
With marketing funnels or customer lifecycles, we go from the first hello to happy customer by following a well-designed customer journey.
2. Create questions to get your audience engaged
Include questions that you have for your audience in the form of the URL.
- Overall sessions and users. A running daily or a weekly total of website users and sessions during a certain period.
- Sessions by channel. The number of website sessions from channel sources, like organic search, paid search, direct traffic, referrals, social media, and display ads for a certain period and compared to the previous period.
- Sessions vs duration. Compare the average amount of time users spend on your website to the number of sessions.
- Top channels. Which channels are the most effective at driving traffic to your website?
- Conversion rate. How effective is your website at converting visitors to leads or signups?
- Percent new sessions. How much of your website traffic represents new visitors?
- Social media site breakdown. Which social media sites drive the most traffic during a certain period and compared to the previous period? How does that compare to organic search traffic?
- Top referrer breakdown. Which referral sources (inbound links) drive the most traffic to your site?
Learning how to structure a summit funnel like an expert
To increase the number of people who register for and attend your summit, you need to think like an expert. You need to know how you can structure your summit funnel to convert more people into customers. Here are six tips that will help you do just that:
1) Have a great value proposition
People want value, and they want it as soon as possible. Your goal should be to create a unique value proposition that will make them want to sign up for your summit. Your offering should have something different from what its competitors are doing.
2) Lead with an amazing invitation letter
People love getting personal emails with customized information on their interests and values. Make sure they know they won’t be wasting their time by sending them an email invite. They’ll only have one chance to sign up, so make sure this is a great one!
3) Showcase why your summit is different or better than others
It’s not enough to keep things generic; instead, showcase why your summit is different or better than other events in your space. What makes yours unique? How does it stand out from the rest? Is it cheaper? More convenient? Give potential registrants a reason to choose yours over the others!
4) Create a call-to-action at the end of each talk and testimonial
One way you can get more people on board with signing up for your summit is by creating a call-to-action at the end of each talk
5) Give an exclusive deal if someone signs up for the summit
Get in touch with your customer and take the chance to provide them with a unique experience. Find out what they’re interested in, where you can help find solutions for their problems, and how you might be able to get on board.
6) Offer a trial period for potential customers
Offering a trial period for potential customers is a great way to increase conversions on your summit funnel.
If someone registers for the summit, you can offer them the option of purchasing the recordings at a discounted rate during the trial period. This will allow someone to experience your content first before deciding whether or not it’s worth paying for. You should also consider offering discounts to those who register for more than one recording at once.
One of the biggest mistakes you can make is to sign people up and then not message them until a day or so before the event, only to find the trail has gone cold.
Whether you’re just breaking into a new industry or you’re an experienced veteran just looking for some fresh leads for your business, an online virtual summit is a powerful tool.
As you can tell from reading this post, a summit is not easy–it takes a lot of time and resources to pull off. But the stream of leads and revenue a successful summit can generate is well worth the investment.
Need help with creating a high-converting Sales Funnel? We’ve got your back! Just grab our full funnel script pack currently on a super special at: My Funnel Script